The Mary Black Foundation makes an effort to minimize sponsorships so that it can use its resources to provide direct assistance to nonprofit organizations through grants and organizational capacity building efforts. However, on a very limited basis, the Foundation will sponsor events or conferences. Due to the large number of requests for sponsorships each year, the Foundation will give priority to the following:
- The event promotes the Foundation’s focus areas: Early Childhood Development or Healthy Eating | Active Living.
- The event is hosted by a current grantee of the Foundation or an association of which the Foundation is a member.
- The event is part of a “Joint Funders” initiative.
- The event provides positive public awareness and visibility for the Foundation, our mission, or our priority areas; already has substantial community support and involvement; and will reach a large audience of community members.
- The requesting organization is professionally managed with a proven track record of financial stewardship.
Generally, the Foundation will not sponsor fundraising events or purely social events.
Any events sponsored by the Foundation must be located in Spartanburg County, prominently highlight the work of Spartanburg County, or provide information or resources to a large number of Spartanburg County residents.
For more information about a sponsorship request, contact Molly Talbot-Metz.